Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Class this time....

This week we talked a lot about rules and why they exist and how they held us back. I can't say that I have ever had a rule hold me back. I probably have but I can't remember it. I don't blindly follow rules, but I don't break them for the sake of breaking them either. If I don't agree with a rule, I question it. If a rule gets in my way I push it to its the very edge of its boundaries. I just don't do it to be rebellious. Then the instructor pointed out how she likes to break the rules by still staying within the rules.

We also talked about how in general people are sheep. I have been saying this for years and it still holds true. People follow other people. I think it has to do with a feeling of fitting in. If you go against the "norm" you won't fit it, people would laugh at you or be angry, etc. I generally don't care about what people think. I am who I am and what you see is what you get.

Now, having said that, yes I do put on a "face" for my company or my job and then I have my true "face" which my friends and family get to see. They are 95% the same. My clients don't get to see exactly HOW goofy I can be but other than that they see me as I am all the rest of the time.

The thing I started realizing after class was that no matter what you do, you are "following" someone. Some people are now going to NOT do the assignment, simply because the instructor would find that more interesting or entertaining then having done it. It will be rebellious. She likes the rebellious side, the outrageous side and hilarious side. So I feel that class will now be a competition on who can amuse her more or impress her more. I am not saying everyone will, but there are some already thinking of what they can do that is the most funny or most outrageous.


 I know I am a creative person and I know who I am. I don't need take a class or have an instructor tell me that I am creative or that my projects are good enough. I am the only one who decides if they are good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment