Monday, January 24, 2011

The Egg Project...

So our first assignment was to take an egg and do something with it...It sounded easy enough. So I had to take said egg into my next class which was 20 minutes from starting and try to eat something in between classes. I have this portable mini harddrive case that was made for me and it has soft material inside making it thick and safe for an egg. So I put my egg in there and carried it in my pocket until my next class. Then I just sat it by my laptop and twice almost forgot an egg was in there lol. At least the mess would have been contained.

Plenty of thoughts raced through my head about what to do with this egg. I thought about giving it to my son and see what he would do with it and record it, then I thought..hrmm probably will end up really messy. Next I though it would be neat to have a stop motion video of the evil Dr. Eggelbert O. Melet trying to take over a little lego town, but I didn't know how to do a stop motion animation and my son kept taking my legos.

So I am holding this egg...
I kept looking at this egg and I thought, oh I could paint it!


So I painted the egg...




 Then I thought, no that would be too boring...
So I thought I could take the painted egg and have a tree coming out of it!
I made a little tree using wire and fake plant tape and some tree powder for models.

Then I thought, Oh I could make a little garden with this and have nice scene. but my son "helped" and broke my egg.

My helpful son. He wanted to put the tree back in the egg.

So I thought, well I am good at Photoshop so why not. Then I couldn't figure out what I wanted to Photoshop into the egg..

I tried a few things..

A kitchen, some flowers or maybe a forest....
Kitchen Scene, Forest Scene and Flower Scene

I finally settled on this little naturey picture because I liked it and I liked the thought of having that little world in my egg, in my hand...
My world


I have to say that it was really fun trying different things wit this egg. I ended up starting a little garden of paper flowers for the tree =D

No comments:

Post a Comment