Thursday, April 14, 2011

Remember that cool project that time???

"take a good long look at what your own personal wellspring of creativity and inspiration is"

Well mine is just...there. It comes from inside me and it comes from my surroundings, my experiences and things I see. I have a project...or I come up with one. My own usually start with "wouldn't be cool if..." and then I come up with a project. Inspiration is everywhere. If I am making a card...I look at other people's cards. A website for a handyman...I google those. I like to see what others are doing in areas I am not familiar with especially, and then try not to be TOO much like them but enough so that you know its a handyman. Make sense?

My true love is horror. and Musicals, but since I can't sing I just watch those and sing with my kids, who think I am the best singer ever! For now...

Anyway, after reading about the assignment and seeing the following "I ask that you make it memorable" I realized something. WHY does it HAVE to be memorable. Every project, job, assignment I work on is memorable in some way to me. So what does it mean to be memorable to you? Well I don't feel that I should rack my brain trying to come up with something that will impress you. That is not why I am here. You don't really have the right to ask me to create something "memorable". I will make what I need to for clients and what I have to for school and what I want to for me. And it will all be memorable or not its in own right. But I won't make something JUST to be memorable. I most certainly will not make something to impress the class, or you or anyone else. Do you know how much pressure that one statement put on the entire assignment? You probably do, actually. Well, I don't need that kind of pressure. I don't need it to motivate me and I think its the wrong reason to create anything.

So..for this assignment...my "memorable" piece is........

No comments:

Post a Comment