Thursday, April 14, 2011

Reaction to class 4-11-11

Well I wasn't in class..again..though I do want to be I swear. My journey through this class so far is really more of a recap for me. I think this class is a fantastic idea! But the journey that Beth tries to help you take is one I have already taken I think. Its a journey of self-discovery and personal growth. One that helps you identify your creativity, your thought process, your working conditions and ethic. It challenges you to step out of your comfort zone both in creativity and life and be stronger for doing so. It helps you learn your strengths and not just in the creative process. Again, this class is a HUGE leap in the right direction for universities and should be made available to all and not just New Media students. But again..I knew who I was a long time ago. I have flushed out what makes me creative, how I think, when I think best. Fear doesn't get in my way for anything. I am constantly challenging myself to learn new things and adjust my balance of ME time and work time and family time. These things I already have done. I have kept an open mind and done the assignments as best as I could and some were fun.

I just think as personal growth goes...I know how I grow and allow myself to do so. I know my strengths and weaknesses. I don't let fear stop me from trying anything. I don't count success by how good others think I am. I count it by my ability to try.

Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.
~ George Edward Woodberry

No comments:

Post a Comment